Nr 8: Joe Kooijman

I've wanted to make this drawing for some time.
It's my grandson, Joe.



I had sent them the clothes he is wearing in January as a gift. Then it was still too big. Now he can wear these clothes and it looks very good on him. The photo was sent to me by his mother to show that he is now big enough for his new clothes.

This boy is growing so fast that I think he will have overtaken his sister in size before his 2nd birthday. She is 20 months older.

I had copied the photo with carbon paper. Unfortunately, these lines cannot be erased properly. If I go over it again, I'll have to come up with another way. Eventually I want to be able to draw it myself, but I prefer to try that with famous people who will never look at my drawings. This one will eventually be hung because I am proud of it. I can see that it's not quite right in terms of colors, but his skin is so light, and I don't have those color pencils.

All in all, I am very satisfied, and I am curious what mom and dad think of this Joe.

Still 19,992 paintings to go 😆😆

Products I have used are:
Stratmore Toned Tan paper 22.9
x30.5 cm
Faber Castell Polychromos
carbon paper and a 
eraser and sharpener.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nr 9: Bobbie Kooijman

My 20.000 paintings